- Business EDGE coming to the South West
- What has Leading Sheep been up to?
- Stay fresh with wool
- Plant identification at your fingertips!
- Upcoming Leading Sheep events
- Upcoming events
- eBulletins and podcasts
As the sheep and wool markets continue to vary, knowing your financial position and being able to make decisions with accurate information is important. Business EDGE is a two-day workshop designed to increase your financial and business management knowledge.
Feedback from south-west Queensland wool producer, Andrea McKenzie was that “as someone only just beginning to do the books, the course was great to make sure I was doing it right from the start. The best part though, was the individual follow up with Ian where I worked on my own books and set up gross margins and profit analysis that I can now run year in year out.”
The upcoming Business EDGE workshop in Tambo is the perfect opportunity to get up to speed with where your business is performing well and what you could do to improve your bottom line. Click here for more information.
A number of recordings are now available and we encourage you to make use of these and other free resources available on the Leading Sheep website.
- Part 4: Herding Foundations – H Series of Webinars with Neil McDonald
- Part 5: Husbandry – H Series of Webinars with Tom Perkins & Dr Noel O’Dempsey
- Part 6: Housing – H Series of Webinars with Rayleen Bowden Sheedy
- Sheep, lamb and wool prices – where to from here? with Robert Hermann of Mecardo
A booklet was also distributed to mailboxes across the state in recent weeks – if you missed it, view it here:
Whether you are working all day, working out or lounging at home, wool garments help you stay fresh for longer. Perspiring is how the human body regulates its temperature, especially in response to hot conditions or strenuous exercise. While sweat itself has no odour, if it remains on the skin, the humid environment it creates is perfect for bacterial growth, leading to body odour.
Wool has a number of unique properties that minimise the effects of body odour including absorbing large quantities of water vapour, locking away odours and responding well to washing.
Check out how wool stacks up against other natural and synthetic fibres here.
You can now get accurate and efficient identification online by sending photos of unknown samples directly to industry experts.
A new infographic developed by Leading Sheep provides helpful tips on where to send images and how to ensure photos are clear to ensure accurate identification. Click here to check it out.
- 15 September, 7:30pm – Part 8: How to sell wool with Bruce Lines – Leading Sheep H Series of Webinars. To register, click here.
- 1 September – Workplace risk management planning webinar by Growcom. Register here.
- 8 September – Hierarchy of control to reduce COVID-19 transmission risks webinar by Growcom. Register here.
- 9 September – Supercharging Recover Field Day – Hexam, Winton by DCQ. More information here.
- 10 – 11 September – Business EDGE – Tambo by BushAgribusiness. More information here
- 10 September – Erosion Control Workshop – ‘Carella’, Jundah by DCQ. More information here.
- 11 September – Erosion Control Workshop – ‘Evoca’, Barcaldine by DCQ. More information here.
- 15 September – Best practice when using labour hire services webinar by Growcom. Register here.
- 22 September – Common workforce management issues webinar by Growcom. Register here.
- 26 September – Twilight BBQ & Fireworks – Mungallala by RFCS. For more information contact (07) 4622 5500.
- 29 September – COVID19 and your superannuation by Growcom. Register here.
- 6 October – Farm finance fundamentals by Growcom. Register here.
- 15 October – Goat Field Day – Cunamulla by Agforce. For more information contact Trish McKenzie on 0418 485 501 or email.
- Around the Camp (Leading Sheep Podcast)
- The Yarn (AWI Podcast)
- Surf and Turf (Qld DAF Podcast)
- Wormcast (Paraboss Podcast)
- AuctionsPlus Sheep Results and Catalogue
- AWI Weekly Wool Market Report
- Beyond the Bale
- ParaBoss Queensland Update – August
- Climate Outlook – August – October
- Farm Biosecurity News – July
- Centre of Invasive Species Solutions Flyer – July
- MLA Prices and Markets
- Sheep Producers News
- Incentivising Private Conservation in Queensland, for more information and to participate in this 15 minute survey, click here.