- Preparing your business for EOFY
- Free drought and wellbeing webinars
- Transitioning from containment to pasture
- Wool and Sheepmeat survey
- Upcoming Leading Sheep events
- Upcoming events
- eBulletins and podcasts
1. Preparing your business for the EOFY
The end of financial year (EOFY) can be a busy and confusing time. Sheep Connect Tasmania have put together a webinar delivered by accounting, tax and business advisory specialists Moore Stephens Australia to assist sheep businesses all over Australia.
Topics range from government grant opportunities, cashflow management, small business entity rules, superannuation, COVID-19 stimulus packages and much more.
To view the recording, click here.
2. Tune In and Tune Up- Free drought and wellbeing webinars
Australian Red Cross is running a five part webinar series exploring drought and wellbeing. These free webinars will explore ways to better support communities, yourself and loved ones in these tough times. These five webinars will cover:
- Maintaining wellbeing through drought and prolonged stress.
- The drought cycle; adaption and strengthening resilience.
- Wellbeing after the rains
- Family wellbeing in the face of ongoing stress
- Preparing for tough times
The suite of presenters ranges from psychologists, climatologists and those in the agriculture sector. There are limited spots available, so click here to register and access recordings.
3. Transitioning from containment to pasture
In last months newsletter, Around the Camp explored how to manage sheep in drought lots. While much of Queensland is not likely at this stage, it is important to consider these management strategies when preparing for rain and pasture response. There are key things to consider and prepare for when transitioning from containment feed back to pasture.
AWI has pulled together a large amount of information on these key points and have published a summary of useful information and a case study. The information is available here.
4. Wool and Sheepmeat survey
AWI and MLA’s wool and sheepmeat survey is currently open, closing at the end of June. It aims to provide forward-looking information and allow the industry to better manage the supply chain and meet producer and customer expectations. Participant responses are aggregated to create regional, state and national data. Individual responses remain strictly confidential.
This survey occurs tri-annually and will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
To take part in the survey, click here.
- 9 July – Part 4: Herding Foundations– Leading Sheep H Series of Webinars. To register, click here.
Due to COVID-19, many face to face events are cancelled or postponed. During this uncertain time we suggest directly contacting the organisers of previously advertised events to gain up to date information on the status of their events. While we await the lifting of restrictions there are a number of webinars running to keep you up to date with the latest information.
EOI: A student at Monash University is seeking participants from Goondiwindi Region, Paroo Shire, Balonne Shire, Maranoa Region and Murweh Shire to interview and/or survey on decision making before, during and after drought. The results will be used to shape a localised early warning system. The interview would take no longer than 60 minutes and the survey would take no longer than 10 minutes. Register your interest by emailing email@example.com or calling 0423 924 630.
- 25 June – Drench resistance: It’s time to act! – Sheep Connect NSW. For more information, click here.
- 25 June – Mulesing 2020 and beyond: What is the future of breech strike control? – Victorian Farmers Federation. For more information, click here.
- 30 June – Mapping your network – Rising Beyond Now. For more information, click here.
- 1 July – The drought cycle; adaption and strengthening resilience – Red Cross. For more information, click here.
- 4 – 6 July – Advanced Livestock Management School – ‘Aqualoo’, St George by Neil McDonald. For more information, contact Mitch Koster on 0448198129.
- 6 July – Paperless office online workshop session 1 – Partners in Grain QLD. For more information, click here.
- 7 July – Paperless office online workshop session 2 – Partners in Grain QLD. For more information, click here.
- 7 July – The psychology of exercise – Rising Beyond Now. For more information, click here.
- 8 July – Retaining older aged ewes webinar – MLA. For more information, click here.
- 10 July – Paperless office online workshop Q&A session – Partners in Grain QLD. For more information, click here.
- 14 July – Nutrition in everyday life – Rising Beyond Now. For more information, click here.
- 15 July – Wellbeing after the rains – Red Cross. For more information, click here.
- 16 July – Unlocking the secrets to profitable beef businesses – Livestock Advisor Updates. For more information, click here.
- 21 July – Stay connected – Why and how to achieve it! – Rising Beyond Now. For more information, click here.
- 28 July – Planning your next 90 days! Goal setting tips for you, your family and your business – Rising Beyond Now. For more information, click here.
- 29 July – Family wellbeing in the face of ongoing stress – Red Cross. For more information, click here.
- Around the Camp (Leading Sheep Podcast – 2nd episode available now)
- The Yarn (AWI Podcast)
- Surf and Turf (Qld DAF Podcast)
- Wormcast (Paraboss Podcast)
- AuctionsPlus Sheep Results and Catalogue
- AWI Weekly Wool Market Report
- Beyond the Bale
- ParaBoss Queensland Update -May
- Climate Outlook – June – September
- Farm Biosecurity News – April
- Feral Flyer
- Centre of Invasive Species Solutions Flyer – June
- MLA Prices and Markets
- Sheep Producers News