- Experienced humpy back in your flock? We need ewe!
- Restocking your sheep flock? Want to know your carrying capacity?
- Changes to LPA NVD’s- What does this mean for you?
- Preventing worms and flystrike- get the basics right!
- Upcoming Leading Sheep events
- Upcoming events
- eBulletins and podcasts
By completing this 3 minute survey, your data will be collated and summarised by Leading Sheep and then used to investigate the impact that humpy back has on the industry in your region.
Restocking with sheep is an attractive option after recent rain across a large percentage of Queensland. High sheep and wool prices and protection from wild-dogs through fencing means sheep are emerging as a compelling option.
Restocking decisions to build your flock AND support your soils and pastures can be difficult. This calculator assists you to determine stocking rates based on your carrying capacity. Leading Sheep encourages producers to thoroughly
consider their position before making hasty restocking decisions.
To access this free calculator, click here.
Ensure you are up to date with the latest hard copy books, or if you use eNVD, you will automatically have access to the update. More information will be available on the Integrity Systems website closer to July.
More information on changes to LPA NVD’s here.
Deb Maxwell, a veterinarian, producer and Executive Officer of ParaBoss answers some common questions regarding the prevention and treatment of flystrike and worms.
To see more on what Deb has to say, full article here.
For a guide on worms, click here.
For flystrike management plans, click here.
- POSTPONED Leading Sheep Forum & Dinner, Longreach.
- 24 March Excel spreadsheets for grazing enterprises, St George by ConnectAg. More information here.
- 30 March Managing for extremes, St George by ConnectAg.
- 31 March Managing for extremes, Dunkeld by ConnectAg.
- 1 April Managing for extremes, Miles by ConnectAg.
- 2 April Managing for extremes, Roma by ConnectAg.
- 2 April Farmers Community Connect, St George by Rapid Relief. More information here.
- 3 April Farmers Community Connect, Roma by Rapid Relief. More information here.
- 7 April Rural Field Day, Kilcowera Station by Bulloo Shire Council. For more information contact Tay Proud on (07) 4621 8000 or email.
- 8 April Rural Field Day, Noccundra Hotel by Bulloo Shire Council. For more information contact Tay Proud on (07) 4621 8000 or email.
- 16 April Bet on your books, Charleville by GrazingFutures. For more information contact Caitlyn Frazer on (07) 4530 1263 or email.
- 17 April Regen Ag Day, Dulacca by ConnectAg.
- 22 April Pasture field skills workshop, Roma by ConnectAg.
- 22-24 April Nutrition EDGE workshop, Emerald by MLA. More information here.
- 29 April Yarn by the yards, Mitchell by SQ Landscapes.
- 23 May Better Business Solutions, Quilpie by ConnectAg. For more information contact Rhonda Toms-Morgan 0407 678 574 or email.
- 26 May Computer Mapping Workshop, Charleville.
- 27 May Computer Mapping Workshop, Quilpie.
- 28 May Computer Mapping Workshop, Thargominda.
- 30 May Computer Mapping Workshop, St George.
- Around the Camp (Leading Sheep Podcast)
- The Yarn (AWI Podcast)
- Surf and Turf (Qld DAF Podcast)
- Wormcast (Paraboss Podcast)
- AuctionsPlus sheep results and catalogue
- AWI Weekly Wool Market Report
- Beyond the Bale – March
- ParaBoss Queensland update – February – plus a great resource on Rain, flies and worms here.
- Climate Outlook – March to May
- Farm Biosecurity News – February
- Feral Flyer
- MLA Prices and Markets
- Sheep Producers News